Pick Five Monday : Darci's Edition

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

Thanks, Darci, for being the first guest poster for Pick Five Monday! Make sure to visit her awesome sewing blog, Stitches & Scissors!

As Erin's BFF I get some advantages and one of them is to be the first to do a guest post here at Quilting Bee Blocks (.com) for Pick Five Monday . It was not very hard for me to find five of my favorite quilting bee blocks......I just had to look through my favorites on flickr.

My first fav is an oldie but a goodie. John made this one for Bee Inspired. I just LOVE these blocks and when you sew 4 of them together you get an awesome Wonky Bento Box.

Block #1 for Quilting Barbie


Jacquie made this block, funny enough for John for Sew Connected. I just love the fabrics of this one and her fun design.

sew connected april #3


Anina made this block for one of the bees that both Erin and I are in, Sew Connected 3. I have always loved these colors and the wonkiness of this block really speaks to me.



I can be a true girly girl sometimes and this block proves it! This is my favorite color combo and you can never go wrong with log cabins. Susan did an awesome job with the fabric and design of this one. Makes me want to make another green and pink quilt. Plus Erin loves gnomes so I thought this was a perfect block to feature.

Heather Ross - Green Gnomes Center Block


I also have to throw in a tree block. For some reason I LOVE them and I have a Xmas tree block quilt in the works from one of my quilting bees that I really need to finish. Tacey did an awesome job with this one. Love the simplicity.

Katie's block 2


Anywho, there you go. Darci's favorite 5 quilting bee blocks. (I have to say Anywho since I do and Erin gives me a hard time for saying it. hehe. If anyone can guess the movie that I stole it from which is one of my favorites, I will send out a FQ from my stash as a prize!) Thanks for letting me be a guest poster (is that a word?) for this weeks Pick Five Monday.

4 comments:

Megan April 19, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

That one lady says it in Beauty Shop. The one who comes in to the new shop looking for the the previous hairdressers. (Sorry I'm terrible with names!) But anyway, I don't know if that's your favorite movie, but I do like it!

wishes, true and kind April 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Great blocks! I especially love Jacquie's. I am partial to blue, but I love the way she intersected those center strips with the white. Truly inspired!

joan

Kritta22 April 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

I love the girly one too!

They say Anywho in the Simpsons and Meet the Robinsons. And I think it's in Pretty Woman. That's my fave movie.

Darci April 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

So far no one has guessed the movie right......keep trying.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP