Featured Bee Member: Brioni of flossyblossy

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's time for another Featured Bee Member.  This week I talked to Brioni (flickr: flossyblossy |  blog: flossyblossy) and ohmygosh guys, if you haven't met her yet - get prepared to be blown away.  This girl does SO much in the Virtual Quilting Bee community.  I adore her blog, too, because I get to hear her say things like "poor bugger", "multi story car park" and "nip over" since she's from the UK.  What is it about us Americans being obsessed by all things English?!

Again I asked her some questions which she so graciously answered, and also sprinkled some of her bee blocks throughout. For some serious eye candy visit her Flickr set of all her bee blocks!

String blocks for Aneela

How did you first hear about and how long have you been involved in Virtual Quilting Bees?

I think the first one i became involved with was the Quilt Around the World Bee. It is a round robin involving 24 people scattered around the world – UK, US, Brazil, The Netherlands and Australia. I can’t even remember where i heard about it but it started in May last year. Finished quilts are arriving at their new homes as we speak and i think i have 2 blocks left to make. I have been involved in Virtual Bees since i found you lovely lot on Flickr just over a year ago!

Block for Angela

What bees are you involved in?

I am involved in:
Quilt Around the World
Quilt Around the World - Christmas
The Euro Bee
Eurovision quilters
Busy Bees
Bee Addicted 3
A Spider Bee

Quilt Around the World finishes soon, and i have 3 finishing in September and one in December so that will lighten the load a bit. Well....that’s until i sign up for another couple - as i just can't resist.

For Gretters

Pick one of your most favourite blocks that you've made in the past for a bee - a block that you had a particularly hard time sending back to its owner because you loved it so much:

I think it has to be this one i made for Dallas for her month of Eurovision Quilters Bee :

House block for Dallas

The brief was to make a block to represent where you live or where you dream of living. This looks like the row of houses i live in (but obviously they are not multi-coloured!). This was a block that i knew instantly what i wanted to make and it came up exactly how i wanted it to.

Mondrian block for Sarah

What type of blocks / themes are you thinking about for your next turn in one of your bees?

Busy Bees is the only one that i haven’t had my month yet.
This bee is a real dream Bee and is full of really talented and inspirational people and i am trying to come up with something that is what i want, but without stifling everyone creativity. I am thinking about asking for mini houses but with a slight twist, but am also leaning towards circle trees. I have until September to decide so i suspect I’ll change my mind a few times.

Block 1 for Katrina

Pick one block from the QBB Flickr group that you're loving at this moment and tell us why:

I can only choose 1????
If i can only choose 1 then i guess it is this one:

Buzz Cuts (June Round 2)
(block made by Sara for Buzz Cuts)

My current obsessions are both blocks made with tiny tiny pieces, and dots of any kind. This ticks all the boxes.
I am desperate to make a quilt like this but I am trying to be strong and resist until i get my WIP list down.

Block 2 for Katharina

What takes up your time, outside of sewing?

Work! I work full time and that takes 9 ½ hours out of my day. If I then deduct sleeping time and time i need to eat, that only leaves about 2 ½ hours a day for sewing.
I do suck a bit of that time back though by taking the train to work and working on a hand stitched project, but it’s still never enough! I am counting on winning the lottery pretty soon so i can stay home and sew all day every day!

----------

Are you an active member in the Virtual Quilting Bee community and want me to feature you on Quilting Bee Blocks .com?  Email me - I'd love to hear from you! Don't be shy :]

5 comments:

Amanda Elizabeth July 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

these blocks are gorgeous! So inspiring!!!!

John July 29, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

Brioni rocks!! Gooooo-oooooo FQ team! :)

Angela July 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

brioni does such great work! I love how she's worked out exactly how much time a day she has to sew. LOL.

Sara July 31, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Well, now. Would you look at that. One of my blocks made the blog. What a treat!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts August 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

I am lucky to be in two bees with Brioni. Her work is amazing, she is such a talented lady!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP