Pick Five Monday: Jennifer's Tree edition

>> Monday, November 15, 2010

We've had a lot of new visitors here over the past few days thanks to a shout out on the Stash Manicure blog (thanks Vicki!!). If you're new here -- welcome! Pick Five Monday is an article we do once a week where I or a guest poster picks five quilting bee blocks from our Flickr pool to feature! It's a great way to highlight some of the blocks you might have missed since there's literally thousands in our Flickr group. You can see all the previous Pick Five Monday articles here. This week's guest poster is Jennifer - I'll let her do her thing!!

-----

Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and I blog at CraftyJennifer. I am currently participating in my first bee, the Coast 2 Coast Block Party (we also have a blog here). When I signed up to do a Pick 5 Monday, I figured I'd pick a theme and then find some fantastic blocks to feature. What I didn't count on was that it would be so hard to pick just five! You are all making such fantastic blocks!

My theme is TREES!


treehouse block for Betty
(credit: jrcraft for the Common Threads Bee)

I love this little tree house, especially the "No Boys Allowed" sign. This would be a really fun addition to someone's neighborhood quilt.



Forest for Christy
(credit: kelp! for the One Shiny Bee)

I love how simple and yet complex this block is. She used different blues and greens and the same triangle over and over to make a block that features trees in different sizes and different fun patterns. Such a fun little forest.



For Courtney
(credit: by threekitchenfairies for the Quilt Around the World Christmas bee)

I just love that little bird on top of the Christmas tree. It's like the little partridge in a pear tree. I love the little touches like this, a little embroidery to go with a quilting bee block adds just a little something extra.



Hip 2 Bee Square--June
(credit: by Little Miss Shabby for Hip to Bee Square)

I love, love, love those little owls! What's a tree without a bird, owl or some sort of creature. I love the shape of the tree trunk as well but I love how the colors of the leaves coordinate with the owls. OK, I have a thing for owls so I couldn't NOT include a tree with owls.



Block #1 for Ashley - Bee Modern Too
(credit: by Tweedledee Designs for the Bee Modern Too bee)

My name is Jennifer and I am obsessed with gnomes. I need to join Gnome-aholics Annonymous. When I saw this gnome with its overgrown wonky mushrooms (yes, technically not trees but it still works with my theme) I nearly died. And check out the fabric on the gnome's hat. Tiny little trucks!

-----

Thanks so much, Jennifer! I'm with you - I LOVE that little gnome! I'm currently scheduling Pick Five Monday's through the end of the year and need more guest posters - so if you're interested, email me!

5 comments:

Angela November 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Ahh...thanks for picking my gnome block. It's so funny because I definitely hated that block for a while. Just goes to show that sometimes you need to step away from your own work and let it go.

Darci November 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Such great blocks. I am a sucker for a great tree block.

Vicki November 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Wonderful tree blocks... love the owls.

And hey, thanks for linking back to me! :)

ferne November 22, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

I just made a gnome mug rug using a similar gnome paper piecing pattern. It is very cute.

So glad I found this blog looks like fun is had here!

Anonymous December 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP