The Master List - updated

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010



Look at all the new Virtual Quilting Bees that have popped up in the past few weeks. If you're thinking of starting a bee - it looks like now is a good time to do it! Live, Laugh, Sew, who recently started the Live Laugh Bee, posted in a thread in our Flickr group:

"OK, my bee is full! This is a great forum. For anyone else looking for a bee, I will say within 24 hours of offering to host a bee on here, I got my 11 additional members. Who knew virtual quilting bees were so popular?"

Um, I did! :) With these bees added to The Master List that brings the total up to 125 bees listed! Here's the new bees along with a little info about each group:

Live Laugh Bee: The Live Laugh Bee has 13 members, most in the U.S. but also two in Australia. Sewing and quilting experience in our group varies from beginner to very advanced.

Ravishing in Red: We are here to celebrate the color red in our bee. Remember, we are here to celebrate our love of quilting and share our ideas and experiences along the way.

Sew Fun: getting underway in June!

A Quilting Journey Round Robin Bee: A Round Robin quilting bee incorporating a traveling journal for each participant. You must read more about it here!

Bee Improvisational: Instead of sending out a pattern or specific instructions, you'll send out something a little more vague like "do something with flying geese" or "I like squares" or "something with a fussy cut and a log cabin design". This way, the members get a chance to experiment and quilt in an improvisational way, and what is returned to you reflects not only what you asked for but the specific awesomeness of each member!

ScrapBEElooza: Each month the Queen Bee (person of the month) chooses only the color for her quilt blocks. The makers will choose style for the two 12.5 inch blocks. Members use fabrics from stash(no mailing out fabric necessary-unless the member wants to!)


What groups am I missing? I am sure that there are some more out there that have started recently (or even have been going on for awhile!) that aren't listed here. Leave me a comment or email me so I can get them added!

Also I've been thinking about somehow designating which groups are wrapped up/finished, on hiatus, or still ongoing. Does this matter to anyone - or are you fine with just having one big list? Part of me thinks that as long as they're still online and have pictures in their groups/blogs, they're still a source of inspiration - does it really matter if they're still ongoing? Does anyone else have any thoughts?

5 comments:

Kritta22 May 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

I say keep up the old ones unless they delete the pictures and stuff. I love looking through other groups for ideas!

I have another group started too. Freedom Block.

Aunt Spicy May 4, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

I agree, keep the old ones up! Its so fun to get ideas.

We have a Bee in which everyone uses the same pattern, different fabric from the same line, and then swap.
http://quiltblockexchange.blogspot.com/

Amy Badskirt May 4, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

I'd like it if you keep the old ones but moved them down below into a wrapped up category. I frequently go through the list to see what's new and bookmark favourites and often end up visiting the same ones that haven't had new pictures for months.

Definitely sort the finished ones to the bottom!

Ann May 5, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

I agree with Amy. Some easy way of seeing the finished bees would be great!
If you are going through the list for inspiration, then the order does not matter :)

Marianna May 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

I agree with Amy as well. It would be very useful to separate the finished Vbee lists from the currently running ones. I know it is a lot of maintenance on your part so I guess it depends on your schedule.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP