Pick Five Monday: Vanessa's Tonal Edition

>> Monday, May 10, 2010

Last week I put a call out in our Flickr group for anyone that wanted to pen a Pick Five Monday post to email me.  Vanessa was one of the first to volunteer and so I took her up on her offer and had her do a post right away -- here are her great picks in a Pick Five Monday edition that turned tonal!

Sorting through so many wonderful quilt blocks was both fun and challenging. A couple blocks caught my eye right away, and the common thread was that they were tonal. I really love how even very scrappy quilts using tones of the same color can feel soothing yet exciting at the same time.

Let's start with a shot of green, shall we? These greens are bold and graphic, and mpfox223 did a great job pulling it all together. I love how this pattern and fabric combo keeps your eye traveling around the block.

Q1 Angel Block


This one by made by Deb for jenib320 makes me happy just looking at it. Even though the individual fabrics have various accent colors, overall the block reads as orange. You can't look at this and not feel cheery!

3x6 Mini Bee Block from Deb!


You may have seen this block by the talented and popular Oh, Fransson!, but I had to include it here since it's such a great example of a tonal block. I love the scrappiness of this block, with its bold solids and geometic shapes.

February Bee-autiful Blocks


Now let's dial it down a notch with lots of lovely soft shades of blue in this block by FreckledBeauties. So calming and pretty.

MMSB - March block


And to finish it off, I'm really loving this cute pink patchwork by Film and Thread. It's whimsical and sweet, just right for a little girl.

Snip.Sew.Send. for March


Well, that's it for me. I have a baby quilt binding that's beckoning. Thanks Erin for letting me host Pick 5 Monday!

----------

Visit Vanessa at her blog, Live, Laugh, Sew and keep an eye on the new bee she's heading up: the Live, Laugh Bee. Thanks so much Vanessa, I loved your picks!  If you want to host a Pick Five Monday, email me!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP