Pick Five Monday: Lynne's Fresh Modern Bee edition

>> Monday, July 26, 2010

Lynne [Blog: Lily's Quilts, Flickr: Lily's Quilts photostream] was one of the first people that emailed me when I put the call out for guest posters for Pick Five Monday, and I love her for that! I was worried no one would want to guest post but she was so enthused about it - it made me so happy. :]  She's an active Virtual Quilting Bee member and is the Bee Mama to two bees: Fresh Modern & Fresh Modern 2. Here's her picks for this week - there's definitely some great blocks being made recently!

----------

I am constantly looking through the Quilting Bee Blocks flickr page, picking faves and adding them to quilt block galleries for future inspiration. I was going to choose some of my all time favourites from those galleries today but then it occurred to me that my current set of faves have been produced in our bee (Fresh Modern Bee) this month. We were asked by KarrieLyne (Freckled Whimsy) to produce half square triangles using Kona white and Moda Sweetwater Make Life. These are five of this month's blocks (and it was difficult to narrow it down to five):

Shelley (Elsie's Girl) made this block, adapted from Tacha's tutorial on her blog:

FMB block for KarrieLynn


Janice (Sewgirly) turned HSTs into geese in this block with a renegade goose at the top:

Bee Block for July


I love the movement in Amy's (AllieKatMom's) block:

Fresh Modern Bee-July


I will shamelessly include a block I designed for the bee which caused me much blood, sweat and seam ripping but I loved in the end. I posted a tutorial for this block on my blog and would love to see some more of these turning up on Flickr:

KL's HST block


The piece de resistance for me this month was the block designed by Jessica (Quilthappie) which looks striking in thumbnail but also works well close-up. The maths must have been complicated but the block looks beautifully simple:

Fresh Modern Bee: July


----------

Thanks so much for your Pick Five Monday guest post, Lynne! KarrieLyne is going to have an amazing quilt made with all these blocks!

I'm scheduling the next few months of Pick Five Monday's and need some more guest posters!  Do you want to do one for me?  Email me! :]

3 comments:

KarrieLyne July 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

I am so proud of all my bee partners!! All the designs have been just fabulous!! :D

Anonymous December 7, 2010 at 4:52 AM  

Hi, see me on lisachu

http://www.daveandsam.net/forums/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=;action=viewprofile;username=wewcookscew angellocsin.com.ph/forum/index.php?showuser=115735

Anonymous December 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

I was conclusion the other daytime that there be obliged be a way with a view my kids to mode at digs what they learn in class. Then it hit me - songs!! Come down with a melody common hoop-shaped and honest in their heads and they'll not in a million years taking it!
The emotionally upset is that most English songs have too difficult and often not very usable lyrics. So I absolute to note a ditty representing each of my English games, using exclusively the idiolect acclimatized in birth! This is the first "How are you?
[url=http://sieucongnghe.com]quang cao google[/url]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP