Pick Five Monday: Katie Jump Rope edition

>> Monday, October 25, 2010

It's no secret that Katie Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt is my favorite fabric line, ever. There is nothing more cheerful than a big stack of that happy, bright, fun fabric. I am pretty close to having a little bit of each of the prints (a full set!) and if I'm having a downer day I can always count on that fabric to cheer me up - just walking in my sewing room to look at it makes me happy. Is that silly? Does fabric make your day brighter, too?

If you don't believe me that this is some of the happiest fabric around - take a look at these five blocks I found that feature Katie Jump Rope. (This was SO hard to narrow down to five - there's a ton of great blocks featuring this fabric!)

(If you're new here -- welcome! Pick Five Monday is an article we do once a week where I or a guest poster picks five quilting bee blocks from our Flickr pool to feature!)

Amy made this dutch pinwheel block for the Around the Block quilting bee.

Around the Block - Dutch Pinwheel for Lara

Heather made this log cabin with that darling fox in the middle for the Bee-autiful Bee.

[Bee]-autiful Quilting Bee * Jenni *

Kristena used lots of those pretty daisies in this cute block for Twelve Squared.

Sarah's Block

Melissa made this orange and yellow beauty for the Sweet Dreams Quilting Bee.

Oct SDQB block 2

And Angela made these blocks trying to decide if she wanted to use them for her month in the Bee-autiful Quilting Bee.

dresden love

----------

You may have noticed posting has been kind of sparse around here lately. The end of summer / beginning of the school year hit me like a ton of bricks and I've been completely overwhelmed. I always hate when people say "I've been working on things I can't talk about right now" but I now find myself having to say that too! But you won't have to wait very long -- watch for a post later today with a BIG, FUN announcement!

2 comments:

Terriaw October 25, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

These blocks really are beautiful! I love them all, but especially that orange and yellow one. I'm totally with you - I can always count on fabric to cheer me up too. I love spending time in my sewing room too, even if I'm not sewing. Thanks for sharing these - I would love to try some of these.

Leslie October 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

the dresden block is so pretty...KJR is a big favorite here. i just made a hooter hider with some of the cloisonne in blue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP