Pick Five Monday: Corey's Perfectly Pieced edition

>> Monday, November 22, 2010

I've been wanting Corey to do a Pick Five Monday for awhile now because she's got a sharp eye for detail and a great style - so I knew she'd put together an amazing collection of blocks. Plus, she's pretty much a superstar of quilting bees - check out all the different bees and swaps she's involved in! Thanks, Corey, for your picks!

----------

About me:

Blog: Little Miss Shabby

Bees that I am currently or was in: A Quilting Journey Round Robin Bee, Quilting Divas-An 8 Week-Modern Sampler Bee, Red and Aqua Bee, Three by Six Sampler Quilt Mini Bee, Sew New to Me Virtual Quilting Bee, Scraptastic Quilting Bee, Hip To Bee Square, Ringo Pie, do. Good Stitches

Bees that I admin: Bee Hexed In

I also participate in several swaps: {Handsome} Hexies-The Swap, Scrappy Pincushion Swap, Pillow Talk {Swap}

Beautifully Pieced Blocks

I love looking at new blocks as they pop up on the Quilting Bee Blocks photostream. I am most often drawn to the blocks with saturated color as well as blocks that are pieced beautifully--with all of the corners lining up and all of the points meeting where they should. I learned traditional piecing long before I learned (or even heard of) anything wonky. I find, for myself, the patience and attention to detail involved in traditional piecing to be very rewarding. I love opening up a block just after sewing a seam and seeing everything match up perfectly.



Modern Tradition blocks for Greta
(credit: Rachel-B)


This block made by Rachel-B for the Modern Tradition Quilt Bee really combines my favorites--beautiful piecing & bright colors. There are even some fussy cut martians in there. This block is definitely on my list of to-dos!



February block for craftalittle ...
(credit: burntfingers)


This block by burntfingers for Bee Addicted is another one that immediately caught my eye. Check out all of those perfect pinwheel centers. And I love that bright pop of pink in the center.



January Block for Bee Crazy
(credit: Mle BB)


Another block that had me hitting the "Add to Favorites" button right away was this block by Mle BB for Bee Crazy. In my opinion you can never go wrong with lots of perfectly pieced tiny pieces. I love all of the bright colors and the movement throughout the block is just divine.



bonus block for Wendy
(credit: fissiett)


Fissiett made this block for the Eurovision Quilters. I really like the composition of the 1/2 square triangles--she has created such a striking block. This is another block with bright fabrics set against a solid background with wonderful piecing--no triangle points missing here! =)



Block for Anita in Holland
(credit: flossyblossy)


And lastly, this little beauty made by flossyblossy for the Quilt Around the World Bee. This block combines great piecing with another one of my favorites, applique. The dresden plate is certainly a more traditional block but Brioni has updated it with fun bright colors. I just love this fun block!

4 comments:

Anonymous November 24, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

thanks so much little miss for adding my eurovisions quilters block, so surprised to see that it's one of your faves

I owe you a drink for that, ;o)))

Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.

Unknown November 7, 2012 at 4:36 AM  

I love opening up a block just after sewing a seam and seeing everything match up perfectly.
dissertation help uk

Unknown November 16, 2012 at 5:13 AM  

What an inconceivable object you posted.
paper writing help

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP