Pick Five Monday: Jeni's Colorful edition

>> Monday, November 8, 2010

This weeks Pick Five Monday was done by the always darling JeniB. Jeni's blog, In Color Order, is one of the most cheerful on the internet, and if you don't read it, you must start immediately! (Check out her cute bunny, George!) Here's the blocks that Jeni picked for us and what she had to say about each one of them:

----------

Flickr Name: jenib320

I currently participate in the [3 x 6] Sampler Quilt Mini Bee where I am also a beehive caretaker. I am in the {Modern 12} Bee and just got involved in do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee}.

Here are my five current favorite quilting bee blocks! :)

Snip.Sew.Send - July

I love the beautiful circle of geese blocks that everyone has been making and this take on that concept really blows me away! A circle of wonky stars? Love it!


3x6 Bee Block for janesfabrics
(credit: ktelschow)

I love everything about this block, the colors, the style, the fabrics! I am a sucker for warm colors, so this block is right up my alley. Add in that cute selvedge, and I'm sold!



June Block for Evelyn
(credit: sewgirly!)


When I'm not sewing with quilting cottons, I'm sewing with vintage sheets, so I really love this block! The sheets in this piece are amazing, and the wonky style suits them perfectly!



April Pretty in Pink Bee - log cabin center
(credit: Tweedledee Designs)


This is a simple block in comparison to my other choices, but I'm constantly coming back to it. The colors are fantastic and I really love the mini log cabin inside the star, a very cool twist!



liberated spider web complete
(credit: give.it.a.go)


I really admire this block! It's a really great take on the spiderweb block. Love the colors and mix of fabrics, it's busy but really fun!

---------

Thanks so much, Jeni!

7 comments:

MuriĆ«l November 9, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

These are all great blocks! Very inspiring!!

Kaelin November 9, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

thank you so much for including me! i wondered why i was getting so much traffic all of the sudden on that block in Flickr...haha!

Emily November 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

OH! I just made that circle star block! It's amazing and the tutorial was perfect! :)

Angela November 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

so glad that you like my star. That log cabin was teeny tiny!

Jeni Baker November 9, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

Thanks for having me Erin! I had fun picking out my favorites! :)

Anonymous November 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP