Finished! Dana's Gorgeous Stars on Gray

>> Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I knew from the moment I saw the picture of Dana's little fabric packs all lined up and ready to be mailed out that I would love this quilt - I have a thing for gray and the combination of green and turquoise right now is one I'm loving. Look how pretty these fabric stacks are:



For March A Notion or Two


Dana from Old Red Barn Co sent them out to her bee members in A Notion or Two and requested traditional star blocks - anything but wonky. Look at some of the gorgeous blocks she started getting back (and I couldn't resist adding in the picture of Dana's adorable three-legged cat, Jezebel):




(credit: 1. Don't know if Jezebel approves, 2. March Block - for Dana, 3. Missouri star, 4. Dana's star block, 5. Dana's North Star, 6. Feb A Notion or Two, 7. A Notion or Two March for Dana, 8. for Dana #2, 9. Dana's March Block)


She had a beautiful quilt top put together in no time and then asked for some advice on her blog on how she should finish it. She said she had originally planned on a scrappy border but didn't have any more of the gray fabric to include.



Quilting Bee quilt


She got lots of suggestions but finally decided to just let the blocks speak for themselves and be the main focus of the quilt ... and the results couldn't be more beautiful.



star quilt 2

star quilt 3


She wrote more about the finished quilt again on her blog - go visit her to see more pictures, including one of the scrappy back. It's a gorgeous quilt - everyone in A Notion or Two did an amazing job helping Dana bring it all together!

-----

I'm currently looking for more finished bee quilts to feature on the Quilting Bee Blocks blog!  Please email me if you have a finished quilt that you'd want me to write about - please include a link to the picture of your quilt on Flickr so I can find it easily!  :]

2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) November 12, 2010 at 6:19 AM  

Beautiful quilt! I love all of the different stars.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP