Updated Block Tutorials Page

>> Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I've been trying to think for awhile how to better organize and showcase all the different quilt block tutorials I have listed on the Block Tutorials page.  Previously they were just in a big long alphabetized list, which got the job done, but it wasn't very pretty!


Sun Rays Quilt Block and Tutorial
(credit: twinfibers | find the tutorial for the sun rays quilt block here)


A few weeks ago my friend Amy used a thumbnail linky to showcase all the quilts being entered in her Bloggers Quilt Festival - and it worked out so well!  I loved being able to see little pictures of all the different quilts as I surfed through the different blog posts.

So I switched over the block tutorials page to be the same idea - a big list of block tutorial links with a little thumbnail picture you can view to get a better idea of what the finished block will look like!  What can I say - we creatives are visual people, right?  ;]


Chubby star for Antique Roses
(credit: traceyjay | find the tutorial for the chubby star quilt block here)


I've linked up all the block tutorials that I had previously listed, but I know there are hundreds more great ones out there.  If you have a quilt block tutorial that you've made and posted on your blog - please link up!  And if you're looking for a great new quilt block to try, go and visit the new and improved Block Tutorials page!

5 comments:

Twinfibers November 17, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Great Idea, Erin! It will be so much easier and faster to find what you're looking for then. (and I love that block on the top... he, he!)

Amy Badskirt November 17, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Erin, this was a brilliant idea. I love this page with the sample images. I also have a fresh link for you from a bee that I'm in:

Rachel's Butterflies: http://fourwisemonkeys.blogspot.com/2010/08/tutorial-butterfly-block.html

Emily November 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

excellent idea! :) I have tried out several of those tutorials and now it's great to have them all in one spot!

Meghan November 22, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Awesome idea, Erin! Everything is so easy to find and browse through now. And I love that people can add their own tutorials to the list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP