Weigh In: Emily's Sashing

>> Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One of the great things about the online community is the ability to get a zillion opinions on something in literally two seconds.  Twitter is great for this.  So is Flickr.  Post a picture on Flickr asking a question and your friends are sure to chime in with their opinions in a matter of minutes.

I often see pictures pop up in the Quilting Bee Blocks Flickr group of people asking questions about block placement, sashing, layouts, colors, etc and thought it would be a great idea to extend this to the blog in a new feature called "Weigh In!".  I spotted this picture in our group today where Emily is trying to decide sashing or no sashing on a quilt top she's working on from blocks recieved by her bee members in the Fresh Comfort 2 Quilting Bee.

OPINIONS NEEDED!!!!!! Fresh Comfort 2 Blocks Laid Out
(photo credit: Mle BB)


Emily says: "Should I have sashing or not in this quilt? These are all of the blocks that I have received so far from the participants of Fresh Comfort 2 (thank you for the wonderful blocks!!!!!!). If I choose to have sashing it will be Essex Linen/Cotton Blend in Natural OR Charcoal Kona Cotton. Thanks for your opinions! This picture is missing 10 blocks (made by me) if there is no sashing it is missing 22 blocks. This will be a twin sized quilt to go on my bed."

Click on the picture above to be taken to Flickr to be weigh in and give Emily your opinion! Or you can leave her a comment here, too.  Emily, for me - I am really seeing these beautiful, colorful blocks looking awesome with some charcoal Kona.  I think the grey would really let them shine!

-----

If you have a question about what you should do for your bee blocks or bee quilt and want to ask the Quilting Bee Blocks community, Email me a picture and what you're trying to decide! I'd love to help you try to solve your dilemma!

5 comments:

Donna @ Mudpies & Memories January 5, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

I vote for charcoal sashing and a scrappy binding. Love the colors!

Emily January 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

I agree, charcoal sashing with scrappy binding sounds delish! :)

CRN January 6, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

The colors are so nice I think your eyes need somewhere to rest. Charcoal sashing and scrappy binding for me too!

Anonymous January 10, 2011 at 1:33 AM  

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

quirky granola girl January 11, 2011 at 7:52 AM  

i agree with the other posters. charcoal sashing and scrappy binding.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP