Finished! Ann's Are We There Yet? quilt

>> Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Recently Zonnah emailed me with a quilt she wanted me to feature. She is in the Snip.Sew.Send Virtual Quilting Bee and one of her fellow bee members, Ann, completed this great map quilt.  Thanks, Zonnah, for pointing out this great quilt to me!

"Map" quilt

Ann sent everyone a fat quarter of Alexander Henry's "This Land is Your Land" fabric and gave the instructions: "I would like to ask for “Map” blocks. They can be interpreted as loosely as you want. It can be a map from your kitchen to your sewing machine, a map of the stars, a map of your city or state, anything you want. The same goes for technique. Embroidery, piecing, applique, painting, whatever you enjoy doing."

Map Quilt

She included notes on the back of the quilt containing information about each person that made a block for her on printable fabric.

Back of Map Quilt

The finished quilt is gorgeous and each block is stunning in it's individuality!

Map Quilt

This quilt is definitely something that Ann is going to treasure!  Read more about it on her blog, Film and Thread in her two posts here and here.

Map Quilt

-----

Do you have a finished Quilting Bee Quilt that you want me to feature on the blog?  I would love to! Email me with links to your blog posts or pictures of the finished quilt on Flickr!  

7 comments:

Katy January 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Wow, that's an amazing quilt! I would love to have it on my bed to pore over the details with my little girl. Great job!!

Anne at Film and Thread January 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM  

Pictures don't begin to do justice to the fantastic blocks that my bee partners did. They put so much thought into them and it is a quilt that I treasure a lot. That was sweet of Zonnah to let you know about it. She made the perfect maze block at the top center of the quilt.

Angela January 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

there are some great photos of that quilt! I love the one with the old suitcases a lot!

Meghan January 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

Wow, the trapunto is just startling. Lovely.

And Zonnah did an amazing job photographing the quilt. Gorgeous!

Zonnah January 5, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

@Meghan It is amazing and I wish I could say I took the pictures but Anne is the photographer :)

quirky granola girl January 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

that quilt is AMAZING! i've been watching those blocks come in to the quilting bee blocks group--and drooling. Anne, the idea for your blocks was fantastic inspiration. thank you for sharing the finished quilt here.

Jackie February 8, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Love that quilt and the idea behind it.
Think I'll start work on one of a trip that we took when I was a teenager. What fun, plus I can search for some fabrics to do it with - you the kind - for each state and it's places of interest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP