Finished! Jenny's Four Bee Quilts

>> Thursday, January 20, 2011

One of my favorite things to do is search out finished bee quilts in our Flickr group and in many of the other bee groups we have listed on the Master List of Virtual Quilting Bees. Recently I hit the jackpot when I was reading through blogs and saw a bee quilt that had just been finished. In fact, my friend Jenny (mommymae) might hold the award for most completed bee quilts at FOUR! Isn't that amazing? She's made each of her four kids a quilt using blocks she's received in different bees.

What's more is that she included patchwork pieces of 2" squares that she inherited from her grandmother on the backs of each quilt - isn't that the sweetest extra detail? All four of the quilts are just gorgeous and so different from each other - take a look for yourself:

The bee members of Busy Little Quilting Bee helped her make these red and pink beauties for her twin daughters:

looking north


details:

scout's back wonky maverick stars
books are the best joy's squares


She made this darling quilt for her son with the help of the bee members of A Notion or Two:

my boy's quilt


My favorite block:

from amber


Some of Grandma's squares:

DSC_0197


And finally her most recent finish, this lovely quilt for her other daughter, from the members of Tethered Threads:

her glory


The patchwork from the back:

wonky star on the back


She has an amazing full Flickr set with more pictures of this quilt if you'd like to see more.

I just know Jenny's kids are going to cherish for many years having such special quilts made by their mom!

5 comments:

Vickie January 20, 2011 at 5:59 AM  

Hi Erin,
I have to say...I always look so forward to this blog and the posts! It is always fun! :)

Elsa January 20, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

love the robot square ... so cute!

Maggie & the kids January 21, 2011 at 5:47 AM  

So inspiring. And such beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing...

Kristan January 21, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

I am lucky enough to have seen these in person. They are simply amazing! And Jenny is totally awesome! I wish I could borrow her design eye for just an hour.

Anonymous July 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

I like your work, they are very beautiful.
thank you to share
bye
Josefina
tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP