Pick Five Monday: Christmas edition

>> Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Being it's the week of Christmas I couldn't let the opportunity pass by without featuring some great Christmas blocks for this week's Pick Five Monday! All these blocks were actually found in the Putting the Bee in Christmas Virtual Quilting Bee, which was a small, shorter duration bee that was held this past year in order to make some Christmas quilts for the bee members. What a great idea -- and they had some beautiful blocks being sewn! Make sure to check out their group on Flickr to see more awesome blocks and some of the Christmas quilts they've put together so far. Here's my 5 favorite blocks this week:

This tree with the little tree skirt underneath it is just darling!

DSC_0016-1
(credit: wright_cherie)

I am just in awe of the dresden plate block anywhere I see it, and this beautiful block is no exception.

DSC_1016
(credit: traceyjay)

A neat circle block with such pretty fabrics:

Carthweel Block for Tracey
(credit: KarrieLyne)

Love how Natalia layered these trees!

Christmas trees

The fussy-cut snowmen in this gorgeous block are darling!

Christmas bee-July
(credit: AllieKatmom)

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not - I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your family and that maybe you even get a little time to yourself to sew -- would it be a Christmas miracle in your house?!  I know it would be in mine.  :]

-----

Pick Five Monday is a feature I do every week on this blog to feature five of my favorite bee blocks from our Flickr pool.  I am currently scheduling guest posters for 2011 to pick five of their favorite blocks and write a post telling us why.  Email me if you'd like to write one!  

2 comments:

Kelly December 21, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

I'm so proud of my bee ladies! You gals rock!

Elsa December 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

all the blocks are great! I especially like the one with the trees ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP