Pick Five Monday: Geese Geese Geese edition

>> Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday break .... I definitely did! The past few weeks have been a crazy whirlwind of parties, food, presents, naps, movies, and lots of fun with my two little boys. I even got a little sewing in!

I've had geese on the brain a lot lately --- I've been finishing up a mini quilt using some flying geese and I'm considering a bunch of different geese blocks for my hive for the 1st quarter in the 3x6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee. Here's my five favorite geese blocks for this week's Pick Five Monday: Geese Geese Geese edition! :]

A pretty rainbow pyramid of geese made for the Australasian Bee.



One Seam Flying Geese Block Australasian Bee
(photo credit: Whippet Good)



Polka dots and solids for Bee Outside the Box.



Flying Geese block - Bee outside the box
(photo credit: stitches&scissors)



Big double geese made for Sew Buzzy:



Double geese.....
(photo credit: patchwork queen)



A gorgeous picture of an even gorgeous-er circle of flying geese block made for One Shiny Bee:



Copycat Block for Val!
(photo credit: JulieFrick)



A great color scheme on this simply pretty block made for Sew Buzzy:



sew buzzy square 2
(photo credit: quirky granola girl)


-----

Pick Five Monday is a weekly column on the Quilting Bee Blocks blog featuring five of my favorite bee blocks from our Flickr pool. I am currently scheduling guest posters for 2011 to pick five of their favorite blocks and write a post telling us why. Email me for more information on how you can write one!

5 comments:

quirky granola girl January 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

thanks for including my block on your blog post! :)

Bronwyn January 4, 2011 at 1:45 AM  

Thank you Erin so much for picking mine as one of your faves this week!!! I squealed and my hubbie congratulated me!

Kritta22 January 4, 2011 at 7:33 AM  

I heart geese too! Great picks!

Twinfibers January 4, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Great choices and inspiration! :) Jessica

Angela January 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Just for the record, we also a group of all flying geese blocks and quilts where you can find even more wonderful pictures and a ton of tutorials on the many different ways that you can make them.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/flying_geese/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP